Radio 2CH Pty Ltd (2CH) runs competitions across the station’s programs, including competitions that involve an element of chance in order to determine the winner (Games of Chance) and competitions that are games of skill, where the winner is determined by assessing entries against judging criteria.
In the case of Games of Chance, competitions whose prize value does not exceed $1000 are conducted under permit number LTPM-16- 00764. When 2CH conducts Games of Chance for prizes exceeding $1000 in value, a separate permit is obtained in NSW for the specific competition.
General Terms & Conditions for 2CH Competitions
Effective: July 2016
By entering into a competition to win a Prize, you (You, Entrant) acknowledge and accept these general terms and conditions of entry (Terms), as amended by 2CH from time to time and displayed on its webpage at http://www.2CH.com.
Eligibility to win a Prize
In order to be eligible to win a Prize, You must:
● be a resident of New South Wales, unless otherwise specified or determined in 2CH’s absolute discretion.
● Submit your entry so that it is received by the competition closing time (AEST/AEDT) and date.
The time of entry will in each case be the time specified on the 2CH website.
You are not eligible to enter a competition if You are a current employee or immediate family member of:
● the Macquarie Media Limited group of companies; and
● any other organisation associated with the specific competition
If You are under 18 years of age and You win a Prize, it may be awarded to Your parent or guardian, unless a competition contains an age eligibility requirement or is otherwise non-transferrable.
You can only enter each competition once unless otherwise specified.
How to Enter
Entry to competitions may be by phone, by internet via 2CH’s competition webpage at http://www.2CH.com/competitions, or by other means as determined by 2CH from time to time.
For competitions requiring phone entry: The 2CH number is 13 50 92.
Under these Terms, Prizes are defined as follows:
A Major Prize is a Prize that is between $500 and $1000 in value.
A Minor Prize is a Prize that is valued at up to $500.
Prize Notification, Restrictions and Fulfilment
The names of winners may be announced on air, listed on2CH’s website at http://www.2CH.com/competitions or by contacting winners directly.
It can take up to six weeks for winners to receive their Prize.
Unless otherwise determined by 2CH in its absolute discretion:
● only one Minor Prize can be won by an Entrant OR a member of the same household within an eight week period; and
● only one Major Prize can be won in a competition conducted by 2CH or any station of the
Macquarie Media Limited radio network by an Entrant within a twelve month period.
Winners cannot exchange Prizes for cash or for any other prize.
Once the prize has been dispatched by 2CH or the third party responsible for administering the Prize, 2CH does not accept responsibility regarding breakages or loss of parcel. In case of lost mail the winner will need to liaise directly with their local post office and replacements are not guaranteed.
In some cases, winners may be required to collect their Prize from the studios/reception of 2CH. If a winner is unable to do so, the winner will have the option of incurring the cost of a courier or postage, or will forfeit the Prize.
If a Prize is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, 2CH reserves the right to exchange the prize for something of equal or greater value.
In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the Prize in the time stipulated by 2CH then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
When a Prize is for entry to or participation in a show, concert or an event (Event), and the Event is cancelled, 2CH is not liable to replace the Prize as such Prizes are conditional upon the Event taking place. Replacement Prizes will be at the discretion of the 2CH.
Information Collection and Privacy
Entrants may be required to provide their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, email, address, phone number and correct answer. Incomplete entries will not be included in the draw.
All entrants’ details are automatically entered on the 2CH promotions database. A record of all winners is also maintained.
By entering into a competition, you consent to your personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988) being used for direct marketing by 2CH and prize providers of competitions conducted by 2CH, as well as for the purpose of distribution of Prizes by 2CH and third parties. You can elect to opt out at any time by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ when you receive direct marketing material.
By entering a 2CH competition, You acknowledge and agree that:
1. Throughout the competition period 2CH may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air /online / in social media in relation to the competition.
2. Entrants may be required by 2CH to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
3. It is a condition of Entry that 2CH has the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any competition or matter incidental to the competition. By agreeing to enter, You consent to your entry being broadcast on air and to Your telephone and other conversations with 2CH or its representatives being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. You will not be compensated for this use.
4. 2CH and its representatives may conduct security and ID verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the Entrant’s eligibility to enter a competition and win the Prize.
5. 2CH has the right to temporarily or permanently disqualify any person from taking part in any competitions if, in its sole discretion, 2CH deems that person to have broken the rules of the general prize giveaways.
6. All decisions by 2CH are final and at the discretion of 2CH. No discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
7. If entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges 2CH may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
a. Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by 2CH and obtain
b. Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by 2CH in order to
8. You release from, and indemnify 2CH and Macquarie Media Limited against, all loss, (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage, expense and personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) arising from the participation in a competition or acceptance of a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
9. Where a specific competition is subject to additional terms, in the event of any inconsistency between the additional terms and these Terms, the additional terms will supersede these Terms in relation to the inconsistency only.
10. Notwithstanding any other condition of these specific competition rules, Radio 2CH reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time and for any reason whatsoever, subject to any regulatory requirements.
11. 2CH is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing You from successfully participating in a competition.
12. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by 2CH. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by 2CH will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of relevant medical clearance to participate in the competition and redeem a Prize; and participate further in the competition and redeem a Prize.acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, 2CH makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
13. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the Prize supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of any competition-specific terms. 2CH takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.
14. 2CH accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the Prizes Independent financial advice should be sought.
Magic 2CH Secret Sound Promotion Terms and Conditions
In order to be eligible to win the Prize, you (Entrant) must acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions, as well as the radio station’s general conditions of entry, as amended from time to time and available on the 2CH website.
1. Promotion Magic 2CH Secret Sound
2. Promoter Radio 2CH Pty Ltd (Magic 2CH) of 33-35 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009
4. Entry Restrictions Entrants must be:
5. Objective of the
6. Entry Procedure 1. The “cue to call” will be broadcast during the Promotion Period each weekday during the Breakfast Show program on Magic 2CH
7. Judging Criteria The Promoter will formulate a description of the sound which will comprise a word or series of words (Secret Sound Criteria).
NSW Permit Number. LTPS/16/00866
Open Date: Monday 8 February 2016
Close Date: Friday 16 December 2016
- at least 18 years of age; and
- residents of NSW, QLD or VIC.
Entrants must not be employees, or immediate family members, of:
- Macquarie Media Limited and its related bodies corporate; or
- Diploma Bathrooms and its related bodies corporate.
The objective of the Secret Sound Promotion is for an Entrant to identify a ‘secret sound’ which is played on air. The secret sound can also be heard on the Promoter’s website at www.2ch.com and any other station on which the program is syndicated from time to time, or at such other times as chosen by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
2. When the Promoter broadcasts the “cue to call”, the Promoter will also nominate the number of call lines that will be opened up to Entrants to guess the secret sound on air.
3. To be entered into the Promotion during the Promotion Period, Entrants must call the telephone station competition line when the “cue to call” is broadcast.
4. Entrants who successfully call through to the nominated call lines will be a Nominated Caller.
5. A Nominated Caller will have once chance to identify the secret sound during that broadcast. If the Nominated Caller makes a guess that has previously been proposed on air by an Entrant, it does not entitle the Nominated Caller to another guess during that broadcast.
6. Where there is more than one Nominated Caller during a broadcast, each Nominated Caller will have the opportunity to identify the secret sound on air during that broadcast, unless a Nominated Caller correctly identifies the secret sound on air in accordance with the Judging Criteria. At that time, a Winner will be declared and no further guesses will be accepted for that sound.
7. When the secret sound has been correctly identified in accordance with the Judging Criteria, a new secret sound will be determined by the Promoter and the Prize amount will reset in accordance with the Prize details in Item 10 below. The Entry Procedure will be followed for the new secret sound.
To win the Prize, a Nominated Caller’s guess must match the Promoter’s Secret Sound Criteria.
The first Entrant to correctly identify the ‘secret sound’ on air and in accordance with the Entry Procedure and Judging Criteria will win the Prize (Winner).
Multiple entries are permitted by Entrants including Nominated Callers who made an incorrect identification of the secret sound on air.
However the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who have won a Prize in the preceding 3 months of the Promotion.
8. Maximum Entries per person
9. Prize Provider Diploma Bathrooms (ABN: 25 261 872 197)
10. Prize(s) Prize: Cash prize comprising the Initial Prize Amount + Jackpot Increments accrued (if any have accrued)
Initial Prize Amount: $500 cash
Jackpot Increments: $50 per day that the secret sound is played
The Prize will increase by the Jackpot Increment amount each day that the secret sound is played on air and a Prize is not awarded.
The Prize will reset to the Initial Prize Amount when a new secret sound is played, and will increase each day by the Jackpot Increment in the manner described above until that secret sound is identified.
11. Total Prize Pool Maximum prize pool is $31,250.
The actual amount awarded during the Promotional Period will depend on the frequency with which the secret sound is correctly identified.
At least one secret sound must be correctly identified throughout the Promotion Period.
12. Prize Restrictions The Prize will be paid by the Promoter to the Winner by cheque within 6 weeks of the sound being correctly identified.
13. Notification of Winners
14. Additional Terms a. By entering the Promotion, the Entrant accepts these terms and conditions, the Promoter’s General Contest Rules and the
The Prize is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Promoter. The Promoter is not liable for any bank cheque that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way once awarded.
The Prize cannot be transferred.
The Winner must provide all information and sign all documentation as requested by the Promoter.
The Winner’s details may be provided to a third party for the purposes of Prize fulfilment.
The Winner’s name will be announced on air at the time of correctly identifying the secret sound.
The Winner’s name and suburb will also be published on .
b. Throughout the Promotional Period the Promoter may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air / online / in social media in relation to the Promotion.
c. Entrants may be required by the Promoter and Prize Provider to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
d. It is a condition of entry that the Promoter and Prize Provider has the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. By agreeing to enter, all entrants consent to their entry broadcast on air and to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter and Prize Provider being broadcast on air and communicated to the public via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for this use.
e. The Promoter and its representatives may conduct security and verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the bona fides of an entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
f. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing Entrants from successfully participating in the Promotion.
g. If in the course of a telephone call between an Entrant and Promoter the telephone line drops out or breaks up, the Promoter may proceed to another caller. In such an event, the Promoter is not responsible for the awarding of any Prize to the Entrant whose line dropped out or disconnected, irrespective of the reason.
h. Should an Entrant be deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the Entrant may not participate further in the Promotion. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
i. To the extent that a Promotion involves a game or element of skill, the Promoter will judge the Entrant’s entry according to the Judging Criteria.
j. The Secret Sound Criteria may be amended from time to time by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, and the Promoter may provide on air hints in addition to playing the secret sound, and, at its absolute discretion, provide an Entrant with additional chances to guess the secret sound.
k. All decisions and actions of the Promoter relating to the Promotion, Judging Criteria and redemption of the Prize is exercised at its absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with Entrants or any other person will be entered into.
l. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to approval from any relevant authority.
m. Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details. Except in the case of a cash prize, if a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize is subject to any Prize Restrictions specified above. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of these terms and conditions.
n. All Prizes and parts of the Prize(s) are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on any dates specified in these terms and conditions and as stipulated by the Prize Provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those prizes.
o. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
p. The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion, including and Prize Provider, will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
q. The entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the Prize(s). If Entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges the Promoter may require the participants to:
- Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Promoter and obtain relevant medical
- Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the clearance to participate in the Promotion and redeem a Prize; and
Promotion and redeem a Prize.
r. The Promoter and Prize Provider accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes.
Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.
s. Subject to any applicable regulatory requirements, the Promoter may at any time alter, amend, add to and vary these terms and conditions as it sees fit.